ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC, BUTTER & PARMESAN
PREP: 2 MINS
COOK: 8 MINS
TOTAL: 10 MINS
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Wash & dry the asparagus.
- In a medium or large cast iron skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Meanwhile, smash, peel & mince the garlic.
- Once the butter is melted and starting to shimmer, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the asparagus, toss with tongs to coat in butter, and cook for about 2-4 minutes (stirring occasionally) OR until the asparagus is fork tender.
- When the asparagus is cooked to your liking, season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, reduce the heat to low, sprinkle on the parmesan cheese, cover with a lid to melt, then serve the asparagus immediately.