These smoked beef short ribs are huge and taste so good but you will have to spend some time behind the smoker. Up to a 10-hour cook but well worth the wait.
- 1 to 2 slabs of beef short ribs
- Best rub for this recipe
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Root beer
- Soy sauce
- Cut fat and silver skin from the top of the beef short ribs.
- Sprinkle about 1 to 1.5 tsp of coarse salt onto the top of the beef ribs and place them in the fridge for 6 hours.
- Sprinkle your favorite rub onto the ribs and let them sit until the rub turns somewhat wet.
- Preheat smoker to 240°F using indirect heat. If you have a water pan and want to use it, please do.
- Place the beef short ribs in a shallow pan and place all into your waiting smoker.
- Make the basting sauce using 2 cups of root beer, 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce and 1 cup of Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the basting sauce over the meat and let it run down into the pan.
- Continue basting the meat with the sauce from the pan using a turkey baster every 30-45 minutes while it cooks in the smoker.
- Cook until fork tender, usually at 190-195°F but can be lower or higher than that.
- Let the meat rest under foil for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.