Honey Butter Pecan Chicken Wings – Pecan Wood Smoked
This is simply delicious and fairly easy to make. Smoked chicken with honey and butter pecan syrup glaze with pecan wood for smoke.
- 12-14 whole chicken wings
- ½ cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Butter Pecan syrup
- Place the chicken wings on a cooling rack over a sheet pan and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Set the chicken in the fridge to allow the skin to dry for about 4 hours or optimally overnight.
- Set your smoker at 225-250°F using indirect heat and pecan wood or chips for smoke.
- Place the chicken wings directly on the smoker grate and let them cook for about 1.5 hours or until they reach 165°F in the thickest part of the meat.
- Make a glaze of ½ cup of honey and 1/4 cup of butter pecan syrup, mix well.
- Brush glaze onto chicken wings.
- Let the wings continue cooking until they reach about 175-180°F in the thickest part.
- Serve the wings immediately.