Smoked jalapenos stuffed with a cream cheese and sharp cheddar then wrapped in bacon. These are easy and fun to make and goes great with other smoked meats or served by themselves.
These are Habaneros, I dare you to use them.
- 30 Jalapenos
- 16 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar, grated
- ½ cup of your favorite rub
- 30 slices of bacon, thin cut is best, about 2 pounds
- Wash the jalapenos
- Cut off the stems and remove the seeds and veins
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise so they become boats.
- Combine 16 oz of cream cheese, 2 cups of shredded extra sharp cheddar and ½ cup of your favorite rub into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Stuff the mixture into the boats just slightly heaped up over the edges.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap a half slice of bacon around each stuffed pepper.
- Set up your smoker to 230°F and enough wood for about 2 hours of smoke.
- Smoke the jalapenos for 2-3 hours or until the peppers have a good bite thru.
- Enjoy the awesomeness.
What are your thoughts on this Jalapeno recipe? Do you have another way to smoke these little jewels? What are your comments? Please leave us a comment below.