Smoked Pork Steak.
Pork steak is one of the best if it’s done right. Cooked over a hot bed of lump charcoal is really good but when it’s slowly smoked with some apple and pecan mixed in, it is amazing.
- Lay the pork steaks on a cookie sheet or pan.
- Sprinkle about 1 tsp of salt on the top side of the pork steaks.
- Place the steaks in the fridge uncovered for 3-4 hours.
- Rinse the steaks to remove any salt.
- Season both sides of the meat with the amazing Killer Hog Pork Rub.
- Set your smoker for cooking at about 225°F
- Use the water pan if you have one.
- Cook the steaks on the smoker for about 2.5 hours or until they reach 180°F in the center.
- Add sauce to the pork steak about 30 minutes prior to getting done.
- Brush sauce onto top side, wait about 15 minutes then flip over and do the other side. This makes for a really good glazing on the steak. Recommended – Competition BBQ Sauce in this plate.
- Rest under loose foil for about 10 minutes before serving.